Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The verdict is in...

Well, I had my first official weigh-in this morning and after one week, I lost… (drumroll please)….. 7.2 pounds!!!!

Holy sweet Mother of God! I am praising the lil’ baby Jesus!

Let me tell you, the thought of weighing in has plagued my mind for days. I dreamt about it several times and every time I put food to my mouth, the thought of that scale was staring me in my chubby face. I just prayed that I would at least loose something, so I could keep myself motivated to take this challenge seriously. So needless to say, I am thrilled with this start!

Like I mentioned before, I am a fan of NBC’s Biggest Loser show. If you watch it, then you know that contestants always lose an exorbitant amount of weight after the first week. Realistically, I know 7.2 will not be a reoccurring number, but that puts me half-way to my goal of 15 pounds in 10 weeks. I think it’s safe to bump that number up a bit. So I am now aiming for a goal of 20 pounds by the end of this challenge. They say the healthy weight loss per week is 2 pounds. With 9 weeks remaining and already 7.2 pounds down, it’s completely doable. (That’s what he said.)

Before we part ways, I just want to say THANK YOU to those that have sent me nice words of encouragement and have commented on my blog and Facebook statuses. Your support is very much appreciated. For anyone who has ever struggled with weight, it’s never an easy road. But through outlets such as Facebook, texts, emails, etc, it makes the journey that much better knowing you have friends and family on your side. So for that, I think yall!

~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Seven pounds in one week, you should be so proud! Your blog is cracking me up! I love it. Hope I don't end up giving you all my money. I'm going to try to do better and catch up with you by next Tuesday. Keep up the good work! Candee

    ReplyDelete