Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And then... it was over

So I am relieved to announce that the Biggest Loser weight-loss challenge has officially ended. I’m not so proud to announce that I am a big fat loser. And not in a good way.

So yeah, I didn’t win. I don’t say this to be rude, but it’s hard to compete with bitter divorcees who don’t eat. And while I’m happy for the person who won, I didn’t want to win this by starving myself to some unattainable weight. I knew from the beginning that I would do this in a healthy way. And for the most part, I did. I managed to lose 13 pounds, which is 2 pounds short of my original goal. I think I’ve said before that I am harder on myself than anyone else could possibly be, and so yeah, I won’t lie and say that I’m overly thrilled with my results. They could have been much better. But it could have been much worse, too. I managed to lose a dress size and keep it off through Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Even though it’s technically “over,” this battle with my weight is not. I’m still weighing myself once a week and keeping track of my progress. I’m not sure if this makes sense, but I actually feel better NOT having the accountability of weighing in at work. I was stressing myself every weekend and especially on Monday nights leading up to the Tuesday weigh-in. Lets just say I’m sleeping better at night.

I’ve enjoyed writing this blog, so I’ll continue with it. I’m still working on those “30 questions” things, so I’ll pick up with that. And also, I just got back from Vegas, so I’ll let yall know how that went too!

~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! And, as you continue your blog, give us some pics :) I would love to see pics of your trip to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 13 pounds is nothing to scoff at! Good for you! Mine is over too, I came in 11th. Boo... I'm going to try harder next time, the lady who won got like $500!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete